Sustainable fashion, where to start? it can be a pretty daunting task to start your sustainable fashion journey, especially if you’ve previously been a hard core shopping addict, but fear not I’m here to make it manageable.
Remember this can take time & in stages, there’s no need to think you need to do everything at once.
1. It all starts at home. Clear out & de clutter your wardrobe/s as a family. Be strict with yourself if it no longer fits pass it on to be loved again.
You can then donate or sell your unwanted clothing yourself or use a company like me to make it a hassle free experience. Find out here and clear out your kiddies wardrobes and get in touch with Lucy here
2. Use your now cleared wardrobe as your base point. Make a note of what’s missing & only shop what you actually need.
3. DELETE those shopping apps! Stop the temptation of those flash sales and tempting offers. Instead follow re-sellers on Instagram and download apps like Depop and Vinted.
4. If you do shop new, think about sustainable brands, quality that will last you years and mostly, be repeat wears!
5. Shop out of season for the best bargain buys, as long as you know it’s going to be a wardrobe stable I see nothing wrong with this.
Remember this is a journey, don’t beat yourself up if you break some of your new rules.
And if you need me just holla!